Sunday, July 14, 2013

Week 33

Have you ever tried something new?
Have you ever tried something you never thought you would do?
 
 
I'm incredibly thankful for the great God we serve. It's amazing how He knows our hearts and knows exactly what will pierce it and what will stir us up. I mean have you ever thought of that? Our creator- of all man- knows what makes you tick. He knows what lights your fire. He knows your vulnerabilities, your weaknesses, and your temptations- and He uses them all for His glory. He doesn't hold them against us because HE created them. God did not mess up when He made you. He put every quality in you because He knows exactly how your story is going to impact this world for His kingdom. So what I consider weaknesses is probably an insult to Him- it's as if I'm telling the creator of heaven, of the ocean, of our universe that He kinda missed a few screws when making me.
 
This week was a listening week- FOR SURE. And quite frankly this is the first time this week I have reflected on what all happened. God speaks to me but I don't hear Him until about the third time (that I can recognize). Even after I prepared my heart for listening- it still didn't sink in until that last attempt to get my attention. I wonder how long He's actually been trying to get my attention- because I am only aware after 3 firework displays of what He's asking of me.
 
He is stirring something big in my heart. My sweet Father sees so much in me and it's super overwhelming to be actively opening those gifts He has given me. I love getting back to that childlike faith that He asks of us. I'm so glad He has my hand and is leading me through life.
In pregnancy news.....
 
Statement I regret this week: "Acid reflux hasn't really bothered me too much."
 
Dumb. Dumb statement. ESPECIALLY when your sweet hubby finishes off the TUMS bottle without warning his precious preggo wife. Bless. Yea- two mornings of sickness. LOVELY. Sweet Levi is getting a little bigger than mommy's tummy can handle. Thankfully all has been restored and the TUMS now happily reside in a few rooms in the house, just in case. Little man's kicks and punches are becoming a little more.... enthusiastic. And we still love it. Just makes my eyeballs come out of my head a few times a day- but hey boys will be boys. I love when his back is up against my belly, he's already had a few hundred back scratches. We love to rock in his rocking chair- and daddy can't wait for his turn. We're kind of in love with this little boy and with all the planning, decorating, and rearranging- it's nice to stop and look into each others' eyes with disbelief that this is happening.
And it looks like it is happening! :-) It's funny because when he's sideways I look like I've "dropped" and then he'll flip around and be longways and I look like he's taking over my entire torso. He stays longways for the most part- I think he thinks my rib cage is a jungle gym- we're gonna have a talk about that when he comes out. A long talk.
 
You did not choose Me but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in my name He may give you. These things I command you, that you love one another. John 15:16-17
This verse was brought to my attention my lovely Mary Kay director- this is our unit's focus verse this year and I love it. Overwhelmed to be chosen. Grateful to be appointed. Led to GO!


No comments:

Post a Comment