Sunday, July 21, 2013

Week 34

Only 6 weeks left.... yep that has given me a panic attack about 10 times today.
When did this happen!? Where did time go!?
Holy smokes- it's like any day now. Approximately 44 days.
Ready? Nope! Scared out of my mind. Really starting to imagine delivery day, and it's setting in that one day soon it will not be my imagination it will be for real. I mean I'm so excited for Levi to get here it's just incredibly surreal to think that in about 6 weeks he will no longer be protected from the outside world.
I can't wait to hold him and love on him. It's just weird. Everything is freaking me out. For example, what was our dining room has now been transformed into Levi's play area.
It's not decorated or anything.. but this just happened like an hour ago.
We had a very generous baby shower this afternoon and I know I should have come home and taken a load off but I cannot rest when things are not in their place. (not that I'm a neat freak, but all this new stuff in boxes.. can't handle it). Thankfully I sequestered my parents and little brother to help me and B unbox and organize all of Levi's new additions. I think I'll sleep a little better tonight knowing everything has a place.
I'm always blown away by the love and generosity of the people close to us and today was no different. It really made me reflect on where we were a year ago and all the support we've had over the past year. God is so good and He has continued to show us His incredible love. I think we can all take for granted all that God has done for us, I know I do way too often. But it's in those moments of slowing down and seeing the impact that people have on your life that you realize how much our God truly cares for us. The people He has placed in our lives (for whatever amount of time) are instrumental in molding who we become. I looked around today at some amazing women and sat in awe of His kindness. Some I'd known from birth, some from teenage years, and some for five years or less- but they all have helped transform my journey with the Lord. I've always been able to relate to guys more than girls (simply because I can't handle drama) but God has shown me how wonderful it is to be surrounded by Godly women. They've taught me a lot about becoming a mother and a lot about being a loving wife. I'm so grateful for God's hand in putting these women in my path.
Braxton hicks.. not fun.
I know it's not real labor.. a. he's way too high b. I know it'll be way more intense. Just kind of came at an inconvenient time when I've been on a pregnancy high and then I'm around all these women and in pain. So sorry ladies. I hope you'll forgive me. Thankful that Levi was so active today and other people were able to see his... bold movements. Those are the moments when I think yep can't wait for you to be here little guy. ;-)
Thankful for everything coming together and for His peace that will allow me to REST tonight. Praying for continued guidance as we depend on Him more and more everyday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment