Sunday, August 4, 2013

Week 36

Please excuse me while I pick my jaw off the ground.
It's hard to grasp we're within 30 days of holding our little tangible prayer.

And on perfect cue- "It is Well" comes on my Pandora.

The Lord has been preparing my heart for this post for a while now. Yesterday. August 3rd marked a year that we had our greatest loss. It was quite possibly the most "real" moments of our lives. Our hearts were opened and shattered and we had nothing to depend on- not even each other- except God. Those feelings and emotions and heartache have washed over me all weekend. I can't dwell on the hurt and ache but what I want to remember is what God did in this house that day.  I have to honor what He allowed to happen that day, because a lot of different things could have happened- but our Father showed us His face that day. God exposed me and Brad. He showed us real love. real dependence on Him. He brought us all to the same page- our love aligned. And we still struggled- every day was hard. Every day that we were weak- He gave us strength. There were so many days filled with tears and numbness. But there continued to be days- He continued to wake us up and give us another day. And so when I think about last year... I have to focus on what God did-- NOT on what the enemy would've liked to happen. And it is only by pure love that the Lord aligned that day to happen 3 days before our church's 21 days of prayer began. When our focus shifts to worship, to heal, to focus on His pure love for His children. I know that wasn't a coincidence- just like it's not a coincidence that we were able to announce this pregnancy at the time that our first baby would have been born- just like we are a month away from celebrating this little baby now. God has allowed a lot of healing by surrounding us with reminders of His great love. It's amazing to experience the rawness of complete dependency on the highest power.
I am just beside myself trying to imagine feeling this huge love for this sweet little boy.
**mushy moment**
As I sit across from my husband, with my headphones in, he's eating Moe's and watching the Braves and has no idea that I'm staring at him ;-) but I love him. God made him for me. He gave us this love and I encourage you ladies to be overwhelmed by the man of your house. Especially if he has experienced a great deal of "life" with you. Let those memories of love, "talks", laughs- just let it wash over you. The enemy would love for us to pick apart everything the other is doing "wrong", but what about all those days they choose to come home to you. None of us are perfect and that's the greatest part of love to me- we love anyways despite our faults. THAT is huge love. And it's God's grace that gives us the power to do so.

Want to know what's behind that bump.... The amazing sliding barn door my hubby started and finished today. Oh my goodness yall it is just the cutest! Next week Levi's room should be as close to complete as it's gonna get minus his little pictures that will fill up the walls. We are pretty proud of his room. Almost everything in his room was a labor of love by one of us (which explains why it has taken so long to finish).
We're definitely going to have to step it up on the rest of the house because his room is way cooler than all our other rooms.
I'm so excited for 21 days of prayer that kicked off today at Church of the Highlands. Monday thru Friday at 6 a.m. and Saturday at 9 a.m. you can go to a campus (or online) and join in on an hour of complete prayer and worship. It's so powerful and your heart will be filled with the Holy Spirit. I learned to love prayer from being invited to 21 days of prayer. I was never comfortable or knew what to pray, but when you spend a whole hour devoted to talking to God.. the Holy Spirit will fill your prayer with words and fill your heart with His desires. 
Would love to pray with you if anyone has any prayer requests you can comment or e-mail me at elyserawlins@gmail.com.
 
"In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly." Psalm 5:3

No comments:

Post a Comment