Sunday, August 18, 2013

Week 38

I keep reading "Week 38" over and over.

My heart is overflowing with emotions. I've been told this little bundle could join us any minute now- so everyday I wake up and first praise God for that joy- and then look at that good looking hubby and then I stare at this basketball belly. I mean my life can stop right now. I want to meet this little guy so badly but I feel incredibly blessed to have the privilege of being his provider for the past nine months. And I pray that we are graced with many years to help Levi Fisher see how great our God is. I pray that he is a generation changer- that B and I get to provide a home full of boys that just want to hang out; that we get to watch him be molded by the hands of our Creator and be completely blown away (over and over) by His goodness.
I believe in my heart that God has set our generation up to create big believers. I think He's prepared this huge dream for our kids. I mean like set this world on fire with the love of Christ. I know our world can be so scary, but as our world becomes more black and white and not so much gray- lines are being drawn. Mediocre is a thing of the past. You either take on your God purpose- own it- challenge it- live it.. or you let this world consume you. God is giving us this platform to not blend in- we have to stand out, be the light, and it's gotta be contagious.  It's got to be the place to be. It's got to be just this, overwhelming give me more of THAT. What if God let's us see this world change.. for the good. for the love. for His kingdom.
I'm so excited to hold this little baby and smother him in kisses and I want to relish in every moment He gives me- I do not want to wish this boy's life away. I know it starts at the beginning. I'm excited that even though he won't remember these first few years, it will not only mold how B and I continue to raise him but I know it's going to change our love relationship with our Father. I know He will continue to prepare our hearts for bigger dreams and break off any limits we put on our Saviour. It puts a smile on my face that we get to be a part of His dream. And God has surrounded us with so many other new parents that we get to do life together- I know He has knit us all together so that we would be encouraged constantly.
He is definitely getting ready for his big debut and my back is feeling it! We are having contractions- (regularly) not too painful.. yet. Just enough to get us excited and then they stop- but apparently it's completely normal so we sit and wait til he decides on his birthday. I mean it is a big decision so I can't say I blame him. Mommy and Daddy are just ready to meet this little blessing- oh and about 50+ other people. no biggie.
 
The devil has made his attempt in making me feel trapped and anxious and that was just completely put under my feet today during church. God delivered me from that feeling and my heart claims freedom in His name. It was super tempting to feel "ready for him to be here" and not in an excited way. And I know that is not of God- and He totally freed me of that with several worship songs and a great message on overcoming obstacles.
I'm so excited to hold Levi Fisher Rawlins but until he makes his big decision I'm going to continue to rub my belly and be thankful to have my sidekick with me every second of the day.
 
Praying for God's peace and His continued freedom.
 


2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written as always. There is no greater feeling than the moment you hold your child and experience unconditional, real, TRUE love for the first time in your entire life. It is an amazing feeling to finally understand how your parents and your GOD have loved you your entire life. Prayers to you and Brad. Cherish these moments. Once he is here, time will go by at a speed you can't imagine. It will be like your life is in fast forward and all you want to do is slow it down and keep him little for as long as possible. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brittany- very grateful to have many mommas around me- feeling pretty blessed from all the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete