Sunday, May 5, 2013

Week 23

Oh my goodness- you know those wonderful weeks when you're not really sure if you're listening better or if God is just talking louder. Praise God! It was one of those amazing weeks! It was seriously the most encouraging consecutive days. God is teaching me so much right now- I just hope it all sinks in and I don't sit in the classroom and take notes- I want to take action! I've been reminded over and over to not waste time.. LIVE TODAY!
God has presented me with this golden opportunity to sell Mary Kay. I am not Ms. Sales-lady-of-the-year. I have never done anything like this before. I am not business minded. I am a show up- do a great job 9-5, go home, go to bed, wake up and do it again. And so far it has served me well. I have met amazing people and God has taught me something at each job. But lately I have been praying for more. More opportunities to share His love. I have never felt this overwhelming urge to go out of the country to do missions, but I think I would love it. I think my heart would never be the same- but I have come up with excuses and I think God wants all of us to experience that out-of-your-comfort zone ministry. But I think God presents us with opportunities that we are called to seize.
Mary Kay will be my stepping stone and in its own way will be my mission field. I love sharing my story with people. And this company is all about your story and sharing it. What better way to minister to other women! I remember when I was in the 7th grade (I'll never forget it) I KNEW I wanted to be a youth director at a church. Over the years that dream has morphed and now I have this amazing new ministry to be a part of! I hope I can share His love to the ends of the earth through this platform!!
And what better motivation than this beautiful new life growing inside of me. And MAN he is coming to life!!! Those kicks and punches are more frequent and alot stronger! I LOVE it. I love having him with me all day. I even love when he wakes me up at 2:30 am to let me know he's still in there. It kind of makes me think about how God probably feels about us. He is our Father and I'm sure He loves when we just let Him know- Hey Dad! :)
I love getting to know this new kind of love.
What's New?
Besides the more frequent kicking/punching-- not much! We had a very busy weekend celebrating my brother's graduation (War Eagle!) and starting my birthday celebrating today. Yep I'm one of those people that commands birthday attention! I mean come on.. It's the day you're mom spent x hours pushing shoving to get you here! It deserves a little celebrating! 24 was such a great year filled with heart breaks, loss, and this overwhelming joy. It is the year that I am most thankful for... so far. I think 25 is going to be awesome and I can't wait to see what God does.
Good Lord willin and the creek don't rise..
Mary Kay is going to be a prayerful journey. My mind is fighting off so many attacks of the devil. It has kept me in prayer more and forced me to allow Him to carry me. We define our comfort zone not God. He is limitless. His love, His patience, His help... He's got this. We're going to do this together and I can't wait to look at this post in the future and praise Him for giving me bigger opportunities to share His love.
Praying for His love to overtake any doubt or fear you have. Surrender your biggest fear. And as I was encouraged tonight in a Mary Kay conference call.. "Declare war on your stinkin thinkin!" Think big. Think great. God is good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment