Sunday, May 12, 2013

Week 24

Happy Mother's Day! Today was a true delight- especially getting about 20 texts with happy wishes. So thankful for all of those. And to be able to celebrate with my mom and B's mom. It was a blessed day. It was a good week actually. Finished off 24 at the doctor's office due to dizziness- but I'm fine, apparently not eating enough. Then celebrated the big 2-5. WHOA. :) So excited for this year- but very thankful the past year. It was definitely my favorite because I learned a little more about God's love and felt it in a big way. I think this year will be a lot of changes not just with Levi... I can just feel it. God has me praying about it. And with so many things up in the air, MOST of the time I am overwhelmed with peace. I know someone is praying big prayers for me out there because my first reaction to "waiting" is not patience. But God is good and I know His angels are fighting for me.
Mr. Levi is just getting more and more active. I felt him move for the first time standing up.. normally it's only when I'm sitting down or laying down (right before going to bed). I think I'm getting overly attached to his little kicks and jabs. They're so sweet and perfect. I know in a few months I will want him out of me and in my arms but right now I am so content with having him with me all day.
Yesterday we took on the great adventure of registering. It was quite overwhelming. B stayed pretty quiet through the whole store UNTIL we reached the strollers. His eyes lit up at all the wheels. He suddenly became a motor mouth and wanted to test drive them all. :-) I took one for a stroll and it hit me.... oh my goodness-we are having a baby. This is happening. It was so weird. And so wonderful. And as we talked to other couples at the store getting their opinions on things I just needed to sit down and digest that we are parents. We are going to have an opinion on diapers and strollers and monitors. When did this happen? Yep- had a meltdown. Thankfully we were at the end of shooting barcodes so I let it all wash over me in the car. It was a blessed feeling just kind of surreal. okay totally surreal.
We are getting nursery ready, slowly. Hubs moved out the bed that was in there and painted Levi's armoire. Still trying to find bedding- but trying to find a rug first. Which is a lot harder than it sounds. If anyone has suggestions I am open!
"I in them and you in me- so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me." John 17:23
I saw this on a church billboard and looked it up out of curiosity. And I love it. I'm sure I've heard it before but I am thankful to have read it this week. It is Jesus praying to God. I don't even have words to explain what is going through my head everytime I read it. I just keep reading it over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment