Sunday, May 26, 2013

Week 26

Posting from the white sands of Destin, FL! The hubs and I took a much needed weekend getaway to our favorite beach. It has been oh so relaxing! The weather is perfect and Mr. Levi Fisher is just kickin away not letting us forget he is with us.
For a while now, I have been needing to get away to devote some major quiet time to God. And while this weekend is a celebration of 5 wonderful years with the hubs and our last vacay before baby.. being on the beach surrounded by His vast oceans has been devoted to Him. The hubs and I are both on the verge of big things and so we needed to stop and thank God for all that He has given us and ask for guidance for whatever is coming next. We have been so overwhelmingly blessed the past six months- kind of like how overwhelming the ocean is. We know that our next steps will be like a baby's first steps- we'll probably fall down a couple of times and then there will be nothing stopping us. Please be praying for us!
So I have been anxiously awaiting that moment when a stranger asks me when I'm due- so far not a soul has asked without already knowing that I am preggers. And what do ya know- they didn't ask when I am due or what I am having. She asked if I am having twins.... It's okay I laughed. And replied with no I wish! Finally, the bump has become a basketball. I know some people hate when people comment on their pregnant belly- and maybe it will bother me eventually. But I've kind of been begging for it! I was on the beach in my tankini which covered the bump (most of the time) and yes I rubbed my belly 90% of the time! Only because Levi Fisher kicked and punched and rolled around 90% percent of the time. It was quite entertaining. Also entertaining, me getting up out of the sand to visit the restroom every hour. Somehow I still got sunburnt. Mainly my feet are fried which made for some uncomfortable walking which lead to some premature waddling- yep I was that girl. If the bump wasn't enough, my swagger was the pregnant clincher. I can't get offended by comments on the ole bump cause we've still got 3 months to go and nowhere to go but OUT! This chick was not blessed with height so I will most likely look like I am carrying triplets by August. Oh and did you catch that... THREE MONTHS TO GO!! We have officially entered the third trimester!!!!!!!! SUPER SURREAL! So thankful to have made it this far and praying that we are granted three more months of healthy growing.
I'm going to get back to this babymoon! Hope you take the time to remember who this three day weekend is for. Praying for all the men and women who sacrifice their lives for our freedom. Praying for families that they have peace as they remember their loved ones.

1 comment:

  1. Elyse,

    Reading your posts are so very encouraging! You are such a remarkable woman of faith, and we are praying for you guys as you continue to seek the Lord, and enjoy this time of preparing for baby Levi! :)

    ReplyDelete