Sunday, June 9, 2013

Week 28

Talk about a week of answered prayers!! Yall if you're not praying you need to.. If you're not sure what to pray for.. THAT's what you pray for! I can't tell you how many times I knew I needed to pray but didn't know why- so I just asked the Holy Spirit to give me the words- show me what I need to be praying for. And I've noticed recently that when I'm not getting an answer to a prayer it's because I'm so focused on what I want that I'm really not leaving any room for God's plan! HELLO! I want Him to be the author of my life- NOT ME! So... when it came to our house I have had a super negative attitude about the whole thing up until about 2 weeks ago. Honestly, the main reason why I wanted our house on the market was because I am sick of being a slave to our house payment. The second reason was because we live on the main highway- with a speed limit of 55mph- and I don't want Levi running out in the road. Well about two weeks ago I was talking to my mentor and she asked why we were selling our house and I told her those two reasons. Her response was, "If you're sick of being a 'slave' to your house then why don't you ask God to bless you more?". LONG PAUSE

--This is where that whole praying for the wrong thing comes in--

For about 6 months I have been praying for our house. Not this house but our next house. I have been praying for the people who were suppose to buy this house. I have been praying for that family to fall in love with this house. I have prayed that this house would bless them.
:-)

God answered that prayer today.
I woke up this morning-- began to do the last of the cleaning on each room and while I did, I listened to worship music and I prayed over each room. I prayed that whoever comes through the doors today that they would be blessed, that they would love this house like we loved it when we first saw it. I prayed that the numbers would be just right so that everyone would walk away fairly. I then prayed that if this is where we are suppose to raise our family and call home that we would have a clear answer today.
I believe our God knows what is "clear" to us when we pray something like that-- because not a soul showed up for the open house today. Some might find that discouraging but today I am blown away at His answer. We got home this afternoon and I walked in the door and I fell in love with this house again. I came through that door feeling more blessed than ever. God continues to blow us away with His gifts. He is blessing both of us so that we're not "slaves" to our house payment. Seriously, like blowing us away with opportunities.
We've wanted to put up a fence around our yard for a while but two acres is a lot of fence! So I think we're going to opt for a white picket fence in front of our house, which I am like beyond excited about! I mean who doesn't want a white picket fence with a little gate door and a little boy playing safely and freely in. It brings tears to my eyes to imagine it.
All that to say-- sometimes we need to ask God to change our heart to align with His plan. I never would've thought to pray that God would bless us so that we could stay here. And goodness at things that came out of us having our house on the market. The things we needed to fix or clean out or update- all got accomplished because we were preparing for new buyers. I think that's another reason why I'm so excited because all the hard work that B has put in will be more appreciated by us than anyone else. I had no idea that all those blessings I have been praying over new buyers- were going to be bestowed upon us. Thank you God for surprising us once again. I am so pumped to get our house Levi ready!
BUT first we had to get my body pillow- because after all that cleaning and praying this momma needs some REST! I've already got it wrapped around me and I cannot wait to climb in bed and figure out how this BUMP is going to lay!
I know last week I mentioned taking pictures of flattering vs. unflattering clothes on the bump- maybe next week- God was just a movin too much for me to talk about clothes. So maybe next week! Levi must've learned how to swim because I swear he is swimming laps in there. I just keep feeling rolling and kicking over and over. He's an active little boy so Lord help us when he gets here.
Thank you to all of you who continue to pray for us on our little bumpy road. We feel all of your prayers! We are so excited to fill this house with more love and to finally start REALLY working on Levi's room! God is great! Hope he blesses you more than you can imagine!!!

1 comment:

  1. Elyse - such a lesson for so many of us! God has plans for your family!

    ReplyDelete