Sunday, June 30, 2013

Week 31

What an overwhelmingly blessed week we had. I mean I could say that about every week, but this was one of those weeks where you just get a second wind and feel like you're sprinting towards something amazing. And we are. Every day we run another mile towards our ultimate finish line and I hope we are all showered with gold confetti. We are praying constantly for direction and we were definitely given the green light on a couple of things this week and we are so thankful for His peace in those areas.
And then there's those moments that should happen more often when you pray super specific and for a whole minute you believe that only God could make this happen. We were so blessed with one of those moments this weekend. In preparation for selling our house 6 months ago we moved a majority of our furniture out of house to declutter and simplify. Thankfully our cousins offered their basement for storage- but since we are not moving we needed to get all that junk out of their basement. So Friday we began loading things up for a yard sale Saturday. I made one trip while B and a wonderful friend of ours loaded the rest. While making several trips of loading furniture a neighbor of my cousins' walked over and asked the boys where they were taking all the furniture. They explained the whole situation to which the guy explains that he is in the business of buying and reselling things and would like anything we don't sell. He asked for us to give him a call and he would try to come by at our yard sale to have a look at everything and make an offer.

Well Saturday morning came (really early) and we made our signs, staked them out, and prepared for a hot morning. We began to discuss how much we wanted to make that day (hopefully $500) and mentally priced all of our items in order to meet that goal. We started at 8 and planned to end at 1:30 p.m. We probably had 5-10 people stop by and we sold several small items in the total of $48. And then it just kind of stopped. B had called the guy and he said he would try and stop by. We were both a little discouraged by his lack of enthusiasm, but didn't think too much of it. By about 12:30 the heat was just too sizzling for me so I ran in to take a shower and prepare for our baby shower that night.

I get out of the shower, check my phone to see what time it was- 1:08 p.m. And B had texted me stating that ever since we had moved our yard sale sign to a different place people stopped showing up. I rolled my eyes and texted him to move it back then. And then I said quick prayer... Lord if there's anyone that can make this happen it's you. It takes one minute. One moment. One car to provide what we would love to walk away with. God if this is your will we are prepared to give you all the glory and praise and we are so thankful for the opportunity to serve you with what you provide.
I dry off- walk into our bedroom and can hear hubs talking to people outside. I freeze and try to listen in to the wheeling and dealing but can't really hear what's being said.. about 10 minutes later hubby walks in with a big ole grin. He says "well that guy came by and said he wants the rest of our stuff... for $450"

...... I don't know if you can do math but $48 + $450= pretty dang close to $500.

Why I am so amazed by our God shows my lack of faith in His greatness. I am BLOWN away at His goodness. I don't know if he would have offered that amount if I would've prayed that little prayer or not but it sure does feel a whole lot more blessed having it prayed for. I know it's nothing we did and it was all a way for Him to show off how much He wants to bless us. It really convicted me of all the opportunities I turn down that could potentially bless us. Who are we to deny His blessings? I could just feel God saying HELLO been trying to do this in all areas of your life and you keep denying Me! And that's totally where I let the devil creep in and get in my thoughts. He is a LIAR. The Lord you serve can do all things and so can you with Him! Allow Him to do it! You can't win in this life without His hand in it. And it shouldn't be in it. You should be in His hand allowing Him to walk you on His path.
I am so guilty of trying to handle things on my own and put pressure on myself when this great God tells me over and over to chill out and listen for His direction. Listen to "How He Loves" by David Crowder Band.. definitely my favorite song that describes His yearning to be number one in our lives.
The Bump
Levi is such a blessed little boy already. We had our first baby shower last night and we received some much needed additions to fill up his nursery and help us with welcoming him to this world. I think I was most appreciative of the fellowship though. I had a few moments to look around last night and just praise God for the great people we are surrounded by. I reread all our cards today and it just made me feel so humbled to live this life. I am so excited for Levi to be here and meet all these brothers and sisters in Christ who have shaped who B and I are. 
Allow God to bless you this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment