Monday, March 9, 2015

Entering Purpose

So I'm still rolling with Warrior Magnificent quotes.

"At this phase, if your dream is really worth giving birth to, all heck may break loose. You may ask why this would happen-- simply because it is the ONLY way any warrior can develop the strength, wisdom, and courage to handle the success. You see, the JOURNEY IS ABOUT WHO WE BECOME IN THE PROCESS OF REACHING OUR GOALS." (emphasis mine)

I hope I am not alone in KNOWING that this is true! If I think about every process I've ever had to go through-- there was always a seriously painful part, a "Ok God what do you want me to do with THIS" part, and then a midst of revelation.

(Disclaimer.. this is really hard to write because I am in the middle of this process right now..)

I feel like the sooner we can direct our eyes to Jesus and what He's up to-- the sooner the pain fades away. I've found that when you're working for God's purpose the pain becomes joy. If you don't believe me read Philippians. It's shorter than Job.

And I say "midst of revelation" because sometimes God will reveal just a smidge of why something happened, but our God is ginormous.We can't even imagine how much purpose is behind our actions.

One of my biggest dreams is to become debt free. Like completely. I know I'm not alone in this- I read too much Dave Ramsay to know there's a shift happening. Let me tell ya what's painful... writing down all the debt you owe and hanging it up in your room. But we created it by bad choices and choices that we didn't even know were bad... what do they call that...... oh yea ignorance.

I want to pass down a legacy of good stewardship to my kid(s)- because God calls me to. I want to give without question. I want to help families who are struggling to make ends meet.

I want to be a good steward of the time God gives me because it's one of the only thing I won't get back. A big part of that is being completely present to the moment. Another is being free from debt so that a job doesn't control mine or Brad's time. I want my life to represent relationships that were built and fueled by God. I want any leadership roles we are given to reflect God's grace and love.

I'm ok with the pain because He brings me great joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment