Sunday, April 21, 2013

Week 21

Goodness.. This week was a rollercoaster! I think we all were ready to see the week end with all the tragedies around us. I just hope everyone's focus is on the Lord. We personally had a bit of bumpy week. First of all I was hit with the sinus plague and it got worse as the week went on. NO FUN. We went to the doctor Wednesday to do the anatomy scan (which is just a more detailed ultrasound to make sure everything is growing properly). Levi is looking good! Such a relief. My mom went with me to my appointment so B can save up on vacation days. It was so funny seeing him be more active. We could see his little mouth sucking on his thumb- which was hilarious. Funny how they learn to do that so soon. Levi already looks so cute (if I do say so myself).
He gave us a wave! :) I think I'm going to be one of "those moms". I wish I would've felt better at my appointment because I was out of it. I had not felt that bad my whole pregnancy. I got sick at the doctors office several times and decided that I shouldn't go to work at all. Luckily my doctor put me on some antibiotics and recommended some safe sinus meds. Feeling a little better every day.
 
Thursday came and we got hit with some not so good news. Hubby's sweet dad heard that terrible word cancer. Luckily they caught it very early. He will have surgery in a few months. No one likes to hear that word- it doesn't matter what "stage" that it's in. It just knocks the breath out of you. We're praying confidently that our gracious Lord will heal him completely so Levi can have his Poppy for many many years.
With all that is happening around us, I was reminded multiple times today that we need to keep Jesus at the center. Everything we have comes God. We are just the recipients of all His giving. We have to remember that without Him we have nothing. So that house that you "own"- belongs to the Lord- He is letting you live there because He trusts you with that home and wants you to have a place here. That promotion you just got- straight from God- how are you going to return the blessing? I am so guilty of forgetting that I am a mere tool in a toolbelt. I have a purpose- but best used by my Carpenter. So thankful for His giving spirit and entrusting me with not only spiritual gifts but blessings all around.
That's a baby bump :)

Thankful for..
Despite all the sickness this week-- somehow Levi grew. I've only gained 2 pounds the whole pregnancy, but my weight has definitely shifted cause this kid is starting to make himself known. He is so active now- I can feel definite kicks which I just love. If I'm really still I can see my belly move. B still hasn't felt him yet (mainly because of his impatience). Maybe this week Levi will kick him.
Praying for..
Our country. Our focus. While there is a lot of hateful things going on- there are His beautiful ways to rescue our thoughts. For every tragedy that happens, there is a group of people gathering to pray, lifting up, encouraging, and serving those who hurt. While our enemy would love for us to focus on all the awful things that fill this world- there is this mighty big God who brings light to the darkness. The devil makes a good case for us to be sucked into- BUT Jesus is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow and He is GOOD. Please join me in shifting focus to our great merciful God, and pray for the sweet families who laid loved ones to rest. Pray for a comfort that can only come from God. Please pray for my sweet father in law and B's mom and B- as we face treatment options and asking God to give us the courage to see His greatness.
praying that God allows us another week to see His goodness. Jesus be the center of it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment