Sunday, April 7, 2013

Week 19

So thankful for another week! Praise the Lord Alabama saw some sunshine this week! Always makes for a more enjoyable week! The week was a long one but the weekend was so much fun. Got to celebrate Levi's best friend coming into the world soon. I love being surrounded by so many friends who are pregnant. It makes me even more thankful that we are pregnant in His timing not ours. Something that comforted me during the months of "trying" was picturing my kid(s) with its playmates and knowing that God made my mom pregnant when she was suppose to so that I would grow up with the people who molded me to who I am. So I know He has the same intention for my children. And I mean there is something in the water around here!! Levi is going to have so many friends!! I love it- I pray for these sweet ladies and their little ones just about everytime I touch my belly. Mostly I have to pray that God gives me the ability to trust in His name and His promises because there are lies around us all.
Which brings me to the beautiful celebration of marriage we attended tonight. Very close friend and his beautiful bride said their "I dos" on a perfect Alabama day and was just another reminder of His miracle of love. When I met this guy he was probably the most open person about his faith that I had met. And the joy that he carried was infectious. He actually was the first person to tell me about Church of the Highlands and opened my eyes to a new fresh faith journey. I hope the Lord blesses him for always inviting me to church functions and sharing his love of the Lord. He has been a brother in Christ to me for about 5 years and prayed for m,e and I for him. It was such a blessing to see him and his wife join in covenant together and celebrate God's love between them. I always love the choice of songs that are incorporated in weddings these days and tonight was no different. "Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus" was sung while the Lord's supper was given to the couple. Oh this song.. man.. the first time I heard it was at Wednesday night church and our pastor got up there and started playing it and I just have loved it ever since. Particularly because it was convicting my heart at the time. I had a very hard time trusting in God's plan. And I know His plan is all knowing but I was so scared that it would come with something scary. That is the devil. "Tis so SWEET to Trust in Jesus"- this song opened my heart to the truth of God's love. It's not that this life will not have trials but it is knowing and trusting that this life isn't IT. We have something so much bigger to live for. God is good. He is sweet. His blessings overflow. He is generous- the ultimate giver.

What's New!!??
We are still narrowing down exactly what we want to do with the nursery. I've been good so far and haven't bought anything! I've been able to curb my temptation by buying for friends' babies. :)
So.. How are you feeling?
Still so excited about having a little boy. Every time I see a little boy running around it just gets me so excited for him to be here. My appetite is still non existent.. which I feel bad about. I know I need to eat more for Levi but I'm like tired of eating at two bites of a meal. I'm trying to make sure what I do eat isn't just a bunch of junk, but at this point I'm just trying to make sure calories are consumed.
Praying for..
There are so many things on my heart right now. I'm really trying hard to stay in a state of praise. I never want the Lord to think of my "needs" as not being content with my beautiful life. I am beyond blessed with my little family. Everyday I get to see my sweet hubby is just overwhelming to me. But there is also no one I want to trust my needs to other than my Lord. We are trying to strategize our next few months until Levi gets here, but as me and hubs discussed tonight we just want to roll with what God has for us--trusting in our Sweet Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment